[REVIEW] Strobe Edge by Sakisaka Io: A Ms. Not-so Popular Meets Chick Magnet, and yes, you've heard this before, but this one is good!

May contain   [SPOILERS!]
Strobe Edge volume 1 chapter 1
Strobe Edge © Sakisaka Io/Shueisha [First serialized in Betsuma]

Strobe Edge by Sakisaka Io: A Ms. Not-so Popular Meets Chick Magnet, and yes, you've heard this before, but this one is good!
Review/recommendation by baka-girl (Some rights reserved)
Rating: 8.5 of 10 ♥

Okay, this is my first review in March. Haven't reviewed anything since Valentine's *sweatdrops*. I'm introducing another gem that I found a few days ago, and again, it's a shoujo manga. Actually I wanted to write a shounen manga review but couldn't find any title that inspired. Anyway, this manga represents another case of what I call Not-so-popular girl meets and falls in love with super-popular boy. For some reason (or maybe just my mind fooling me), I think this manga gives similar Kimi ni Todoke and Koukou Debut vibes. I'll let you judge for yourself...

Quick Summary
Kinoshita Ninako is just a simple girl who still doesn't understand love. Well, she has friends who can teach her, but no personal experience means she remains clueless. A little accident helps her to get close to Ichinose Ren, the most popular boy in her school. A few moar run-ins later, she gets to know a Ren that most people don't know. This, per shoujo norm, leads her to fall in love with him. It's not easy, though, since Ninako already has Daiki crushing on her, even though she doesn't feel the same way. Moreover, Ren already has a girlfriend.
Will Ninako able to convey her feelings to Ren? Or will she choose to go out with Daiki? Find the answer in Strobe Edge!

Deeper look at each main character —
Read more »